REHAB U PRACTICE SOLUTIONSChanging the way clinicians do business!
Organizing an event is hard work. Pressure mounts especially when considering speakers. Often, the success of an event hinges on the quality and impact of the speakers selected (no pressure, right?). If the speakers you choose hit a home run, you’ve got yourself a great event. If they flop, you’ve got a dud.
I’m sure that you’re spending hours researching speakers to make sure you have the right fit for your event and audience. I hope this page makes it easy for you to gather the information you need to make an informed decision.
Thank you for checking us out and considering me. I am honored.
This page provides an overview of what I (Rafael) have to offer as a speaker and what you can expect. Here’s a quick rundown:
- What you can expect
- A little bit about me (Rafael E. Salazar II, MHS, OTR/L)
- Popular Topics
- Next Step
If you want to check my availability for your event, or if you have some questions before going any further, please click here:
What You Can Expect
Here’s a quick list of what you can expect from me and my team:
- Timely, professional replies to your phone calls and electronic communications.
- A personal phone consultation prior to your event, to better understand how we can best serve you and your audience.
- An announcement of your event on our website/blog and social media channels (assuming your event is open to the public and you want additional visibility).
- A professionally prepared, dynamic presentation focused on helping your audience achieving desired outcomes.
- A customized resource page, created exclusively for your event’s attendees. It will include the slide deck used for the presentation (if applicable), as well as links to other books and resources I believe will be helpful for your audience.
- A short follow-up conversation or communication following your event to make sure we met your needs and expectations (I also want to you to share any thoughts you might have about how I can improve).
My goal is to provide you and your audience with relevant, actionable information that contains the tools and insight necessary to help you and your audience move the needle on your identified goals.
A Little Bit About Me (Rafael E. Salazar II, MHS, OTR/L)
I am the principal owner of Rehab U Practice Solutions. I’ve spent my clinical career working in a variety of rehab settings, mainly treating patients recovering from a variety of injuries and surgeries. I previously worked as the lead clinician in an outpatient specialty clinic at my local VA Medical center. I then worked as a healthcare management consultant, working on a large project for the State of Georgia’s Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Disabilities.
I’ve also taught as an adjunct faculty instructor at Augusta University’s Occupational Therapy Program. I’ve taught classes on Evidence-Based Practice, Applied Kinesiology, and Mental Health. I’ve also given lectures and presentations about the biopsychosocial model, licensing & regulatory issues, deinstitutionalization & community integration, career development, & trauma-informed care.
I currently serve as a Licensed Board Member on the GA State OT Board and have served on several committees for the National OT Board (NBCOT). I also serve as a board member on the Board of Directors for NBCOT. I continue to work as a consultant for the State of Georgia’s DBHDD, on a large project involving transitioning individuals out of State Hospitals.
I devote my time to writing, consulting, teaching, and speaking. My goal is to help healthcare clinics and organizations deliver uniquely impactful patient experiences by improving service delivery through training & advisement.
Popular Topics & Presentations
I speak on topics related to leadership in healthcare, patient engagement & experience, and marketing & communication strategy for rehabilitation professionals & organizations. I will customize my presentation for your specific audience and to meet your organization’s specific goals and objectives. My goal is to help you facilitate the outcome you want for your event and audience.
My most recent topics include to following. Keep in mind that I can tailor these topics to be delivered as a presentation/keynote, or as a workshop.
- Principles of Amazing Patient Experiences
- How Improving Patient Experience Boosts Revenue
- Marketing Therapy Services in today’s healthcare environment (US)
- Mastering the 5 Questions
- Challenging the Status Quo in Healthcare
- The Biopsychosocial Model & Application to Rehabilitation & Patient Engagement
- 5 Changes to Improve Healthcare (US)
- 6 Strategies for Work-Life Balance as a Healthcare Provider
- Managing Patient Experiences & Engagements in Trauma-Informed Care
The Next Step
Thank you for considering me for your event. You can take the next step by reaching out to check my availability. Click on the button below. We will get back to you and, if it works out, set up a time to discuss your event in more detail.
My Commitment to You
When you select me as a speaker, you get my insight, point of view, and ideas. I won’t water down topics or points. I also want to help you achieve the goals and objectives you’ve set for your audience and event. When you win, I win. Period.
Consulting & Advisory Services
Rehab U Practice Solutions offers focuses on helping physical & occupational therapy clinics and organizations increase revenue by improving patient experience, engagement, & retention.
You can also check out our resources page for materials aimed at increasing your clinical knowledge and grow your practice. Or, you can head over to our Insights Page to read our latest articles covering everything from evidence-based clinical info to tips and strategies to grow your practice and improve patient experience.
We are on a mission to radically change the way therapists do business! We want to help our clients break out of the cookie-cutter paradigm that leave them burned out, stressed out, and wanting more for themselves and their patients. We approach each of our clients with fresh eyes to develop customized, unique strategies to improve patient experience, engagement, and outcomes. We want you and your patients to love what you do and value the skill and knowledge you bring to the table.
Follow Us On